If you’re looking for a Halloween party snack with minimal effort and maximum impact, look no further! With only four main ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes, this is a great recipe to try out over half term. Children will love using the cookie cutters to make spooky shapes and you’ll look like the (g)hostess with the mostess without really trying!
You will need:
- A packet of tortilla wraps
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Halloween cookie cutters
For the salsa
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- The juice of one lime
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and grease 2 baking trays with olive oil.
- Using a bat cutter, stamp out as many bats as you can fit on one tray, repeat with the ghost cutter.
- Spread the tortilla bats out on the prepared baking trays, drizzle over a little oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
- As the tortilla bats bake, finely chop the salsa ingredients and combine in a bowl. Season lightly and then serve the bats with the salsa.