We know it can be difficult coming up with gift ideas so we have come up with one for you – chocolate tiffin! This simple but YUMMY recipe makes the perfect Valentine’s gift for those you love. And you don’t even need to use the oven! Of course we had to make some to prove just how yummy they are…
What you will need:
- 100g butter
- 1/2 tin condensed milk
- 1/2 pack of digestives
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 100g White chocolate
1. Firstly, you will need to put your biscuits into a bowl and break them up with a rolling pin. This is the fun bit so get bashing!
2. Next, put 150g of the dark chocolate into a glass bowl with the butter and condensed milk. Don’t worry if you add a bit too much of one thing – its all up to personal taste and you can always add more chocolate later!
3. Put the bowl over a saucepan on a low heat and mix it all together until its melted. Once fully melted, add the broken up biscuit to the mixture. How good does that look?!
4. Stir all these ingredients together into a chocolatey biscuit mix (resist the urge to eat all the mix at this point!)
5. Once this is mixed fully, pour the combined mixture into a lined tray. Melt around 50g of dark chocolate again and drizzle over the mixture.
6. Clean out the glass bowl and melt the white chocolate with the same technique. Drizzle this in any design you want over your tiffin (optional). And that’s it, pop it in the fridge to set!
Leave it a couple of hours (if you can!) to set. Then when it’s ready to get out of the fridge, cut it up into squares and enjoy with the whole family – although we wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t! 😉 Shh…